Three naxals arrested; woman commander surrenders in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three naxalites were arrested and a woman Maoist commander surrendered in separate incidents in insurgency-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The ultras were apprehended during a joint search operation in Durgukondal police station area today, Kanker Superintendent of Police RN Dash told a news agency.
A joint contingent of 72 battalion of BSF (Border Security Force) and district force was on a combing operation in the Durgukondal region, around 250 kms away from the state capital, since yesterday.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of ultras in the core forests, they rounded them up, the SP said.
Those arrested were identified as Ganguram Nareti (40), Sadaram Darro (38), natives of Saraghughamre village and Golram Nareti, resident of Hulghat village, he said.
They were involved in several incidents of crime, including attacks on police party, loot, arson and others, he added.
In another incident, a woman naxal commander Sukhbati alias Satai Salaam (27) surrendered before Inspector General of Police (Bastar Range) SRP Kalluri last evening in Kanker, the SP said.
As per her statement, she was forcefully inducted into the outlawed movement in 2005.
Subsequently after working in the movement for about three years, she was deputed in the security of a high ranking cadre of Dandakarnya Special Zonal Committee of CPI (Maoist) Sujata, who is said to be the wife of Maoist supreme commander Ganpati, in Abhujmad region.
A native of Barda village under Badedongar police station limits of Kondagaon district, Sukhbati married divisional committee member Suraj in 2009 and was working as Panidobir LOS (local operation squad) member, he added.
She was disappointed by the ill-treatment met out to lower rank cadres by senior leaders belonging to Andhra Pradesh and the exploitation of tribal women as well as extortion from villagers, the SP said.
The rebel will be rehabilitated as per the policy of the state government, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back