Three naxals held during combing operations in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three naxals, one of them carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head, were arrested in the insurgency-hit Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh today as part of intensified combing operation by police in the wake of ongoing "Naxal week", a senior official said.
"The three Jan Militia cadres of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) were apprehended by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and district police force from separate places under Bayanar police station limits," Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told PTI.
The arrests were made when the joint squad was conducting combing operation at Aadnar, Rengagodi and Permapal villages under Bayanar region, around 300 kms away from the state capital.
While Kachru Muria (25) was nabbed from Rengagodni forests on a tip-off, two other rebels, namely Billu Muria (35) and Dasrath Netam (35) were picked from their native village, Kejang when the security forces were returning to their camp, the ASP said, adding Billu was carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head.
According to police, the trio were involved in several incidents, including creating disturbances during elections and attacks on polling parties in the region.
Search operations have been intensified in the naxal-affected pockets, particularly in Bastar, as Maoists are observing a martyrs` week from July 28 to August 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister