Three naxals held during combing operations in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three naxals, one of them carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head, were arrested in the insurgency-hit Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh today as part of intensified combing operation by police in the wake of ongoing "Naxal week", a senior official said.
"The three Jan Militia cadres of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) were apprehended by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and district police force from separate places under Bayanar police station limits," Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told PTI.
The arrests were made when the joint squad was conducting combing operation at Aadnar, Rengagodi and Permapal villages under Bayanar region, around 300 kms away from the state capital.
While Kachru Muria (25) was nabbed from Rengagodni forests on a tip-off, two other rebels, namely Billu Muria (35) and Dasrath Netam (35) were picked from their native village, Kejang when the security forces were returning to their camp, the ASP said, adding Billu was carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head.
According to police, the trio were involved in several incidents, including creating disturbances during elections and attacks on polling parties in the region.
Search operations have been intensified in the naxal-affected pockets, particularly in Bastar, as Maoists are observing a martyrs` week from July 28 to August 3.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living