Three naxals held during combing operations in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three naxals, one of them carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head, were arrested in the insurgency-hit Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh today as part of intensified combing operation by police in the wake of ongoing "Naxal week", a senior official said.
"The three Jan Militia cadres of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) were apprehended by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and district police force from separate places under Bayanar police station limits," Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told PTI.
The arrests were made when the joint squad was conducting combing operation at Aadnar, Rengagodi and Permapal villages under Bayanar region, around 300 kms away from the state capital.
While Kachru Muria (25) was nabbed from Rengagodni forests on a tip-off, two other rebels, namely Billu Muria (35) and Dasrath Netam (35) were picked from their native village, Kejang when the security forces were returning to their camp, the ASP said, adding Billu was carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head.
According to police, the trio were involved in several incidents, including creating disturbances during elections and attacks on polling parties in the region.
Search operations have been intensified in the naxal-affected pockets, particularly in Bastar, as Maoists are observing a martyrs` week from July 28 to August 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31