Three naxals held during combing operations in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three naxals, one of them carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head, were arrested in the insurgency-hit Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh today as part of intensified combing operation by police in the wake of ongoing "Naxal week", a senior official said.
"The three Jan Militia cadres of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) were apprehended by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and district police force from separate places under Bayanar police station limits," Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told PTI.
The arrests were made when the joint squad was conducting combing operation at Aadnar, Rengagodi and Permapal villages under Bayanar region, around 300 kms away from the state capital.
While Kachru Muria (25) was nabbed from Rengagodni forests on a tip-off, two other rebels, namely Billu Muria (35) and Dasrath Netam (35) were picked from their native village, Kejang when the security forces were returning to their camp, the ASP said, adding Billu was carrying a reward of Rs 5000 on his head.
According to police, the trio were involved in several incidents, including creating disturbances during elections and attacks on polling parties in the region.
Search operations have been intensified in the naxal-affected pockets, particularly in Bastar, as Maoists are observing a martyrs` week from July 28 to August 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks