Three Naxals held in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Maoists were arrested in separate search operations in Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"Two cadres were arrested by a joint contingent of district force and Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) from jungles of Kosalnar village under Jhara police station limits of Narayanpur district today," DSP NK Sahu told PTI.
Banu Korram and Kassu Korram (both 24) were arrested on Sunday during the joint patrol operation following a tip-off.
"They were active in Janatana Sarkar squad of Maoists and were working on membership drive for the movement," Sahu said, adding the ultras were involved in several crimes in the region.
In a separate incident, a suspected Naxal was nabbed from Basaguda police station area of Bijapur district in a joint operation by police and CRPF last night.
"The patrol party rounded up Punem Somlu (33) on suspicion of forests of Hirapur village. He has admitted to his involvement in the Naxal movement as a Sangham member of Basaguda Area Committee," Sahu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today