Three Naxals held in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Maoists were arrested in separate search operations in Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"Two cadres were arrested by a joint contingent of district force and Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) from jungles of Kosalnar village under Jhara police station limits of Narayanpur district today," DSP NK Sahu told PTI.
Banu Korram and Kassu Korram (both 24) were arrested on Sunday during the joint patrol operation following a tip-off.
"They were active in Janatana Sarkar squad of Maoists and were working on membership drive for the movement," Sahu said, adding the ultras were involved in several crimes in the region.
In a separate incident, a suspected Naxal was nabbed from Basaguda police station area of Bijapur district in a joint operation by police and CRPF last night.
"The patrol party rounded up Punem Somlu (33) on suspicion of forests of Hirapur village. He has admitted to his involvement in the Naxal movement as a Sangham member of Basaguda Area Committee," Sahu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?