Three Naxals held in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Maoists were arrested in separate search operations in Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"Two cadres were arrested by a joint contingent of district force and Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) from jungles of Kosalnar village under Jhara police station limits of Narayanpur district today," DSP NK Sahu told PTI.
Banu Korram and Kassu Korram (both 24) were arrested on Sunday during the joint patrol operation following a tip-off.
"They were active in Janatana Sarkar squad of Maoists and were working on membership drive for the movement," Sahu said, adding the ultras were involved in several crimes in the region.
In a separate incident, a suspected Naxal was nabbed from Basaguda police station area of Bijapur district in a joint operation by police and CRPF last night.
"The patrol party rounded up Punem Somlu (33) on suspicion of forests of Hirapur village. He has admitted to his involvement in the Naxal movement as a Sangham member of Basaguda Area Committee," Sahu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi