Three naxals held in C`garh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Tuesday during a search operation in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The cadres were apprehended by a team of local police in the forests of Pallamkasa village under Narayanpur police station limits, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) N K Sahu told a news agency over phone.
The arrested were identified as Somnath Dugga (30), Lasu Gavde (26) and Dalsai Gavde (36), all members of Raoghat Dalam of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist), he said.
The patrol team was on a combing operation since Monday in the Anjrela and Pallamkasa region, around 300 kms from the state capital Raipur.
On getting a tip-off about the presence of a Maoist in the region, the search team nabbed the trio who were involved in incidents of attacks on police party and looting, the DSP said.
They were produced in a local court which sent them to jail, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur