Three naxals held in C`garh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Tuesday during a search operation in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The cadres were apprehended by a team of local police in the forests of Pallamkasa village under Narayanpur police station limits, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) N K Sahu told a news agency over phone.
The arrested were identified as Somnath Dugga (30), Lasu Gavde (26) and Dalsai Gavde (36), all members of Raoghat Dalam of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist), he said.
The patrol team was on a combing operation since Monday in the Anjrela and Pallamkasa region, around 300 kms from the state capital Raipur.
On getting a tip-off about the presence of a Maoist in the region, the search team nabbed the trio who were involved in incidents of attacks on police party and looting, the DSP said.
They were produced in a local court which sent them to jail, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened