Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxalites were arrested in separate search operations in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said Wednesday.
"Two wanted ultras were nabbed by joint contingent of district force and Border Security Force (BSF) from Amagaon village under Tadoki police station limits of Kanker district yesterday," a senior police official said.
Those arrested were identified as Leelaram Usendi (30) and Sawan Singh Dhruv (52), the official said.
The police party was on a combing operation in the region when they got tip off about the presence of ultras there, following which it rounded them up, he said.
In another search operation, Ganga Ram Korram (45) was arrested from forests of restive Benur police station area of Narayanpur district today during combing operations.
Korram admitted to being involved in Maoist movement during interrogation, he said.
The arrested cadres were involved in several incidents of loot, arson and murder, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?