Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxalites were arrested in separate search operations in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said Wednesday.
"Two wanted ultras were nabbed by joint contingent of district force and Border Security Force (BSF) from Amagaon village under Tadoki police station limits of Kanker district yesterday," a senior police official said.
Those arrested were identified as Leelaram Usendi (30) and Sawan Singh Dhruv (52), the official said.
The police party was on a combing operation in the region when they got tip off about the presence of ultras there, following which it rounded them up, he said.
In another search operation, Ganga Ram Korram (45) was arrested from forests of restive Benur police station area of Narayanpur district today during combing operations.
Korram admitted to being involved in Maoist movement during interrogation, he said.
The arrested cadres were involved in several incidents of loot, arson and murder, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case