Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxalites were arrested in separate search operations in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said Wednesday.
"Two wanted ultras were nabbed by joint contingent of district force and Border Security Force (BSF) from Amagaon village under Tadoki police station limits of Kanker district yesterday," a senior police official said.
Those arrested were identified as Leelaram Usendi (30) and Sawan Singh Dhruv (52), the official said.
The police party was on a combing operation in the region when they got tip off about the presence of ultras there, following which it rounded them up, he said.
In another search operation, Ganga Ram Korram (45) was arrested from forests of restive Benur police station area of Narayanpur district today during combing operations.
Korram admitted to being involved in Maoist movement during interrogation, he said.
The arrested cadres were involved in several incidents of loot, arson and murder, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you