Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, carrying cash rewards on their heads, were on Monday arrested from two different places in the insurgency-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Kuldhar Salaam (30) and Suresh Korram (28) were nabbed by a joint team of security forces during a search operation in Dhaudai police station limits, Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police OP Sharma told PTI.
A team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force rounded up the duo from the forests of Dhaudai when they were trying to flee from the region, the ASP said.
The duo was wanted in several cases, he said adding that Suresh was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, while Rs 500 reward had been announced for the arrest of Kuldhar.
In the second incident, Gundo Korram (20), who was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, was held from Jhara police station of the district, the ASP said.
He was involved in various offences, including murder, attacks on police parties, torching vehicles, triggering explosives and others in the region, he said adding, further interrogation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus