Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, carrying cash rewards on their heads, were on Monday arrested from two different places in the insurgency-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Kuldhar Salaam (30) and Suresh Korram (28) were nabbed by a joint team of security forces during a search operation in Dhaudai police station limits, Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police OP Sharma told PTI.
A team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force rounded up the duo from the forests of Dhaudai when they were trying to flee from the region, the ASP said.
The duo was wanted in several cases, he said adding that Suresh was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, while Rs 500 reward had been announced for the arrest of Kuldhar.
In the second incident, Gundo Korram (20), who was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, was held from Jhara police station of the district, the ASP said.
He was involved in various offences, including murder, attacks on police parties, torching vehicles, triggering explosives and others in the region, he said adding, further interrogation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account