Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, carrying cash rewards on their heads, were on Monday arrested from two different places in the insurgency-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Kuldhar Salaam (30) and Suresh Korram (28) were nabbed by a joint team of security forces during a search operation in Dhaudai police station limits, Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police OP Sharma told PTI.
A team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force rounded up the duo from the forests of Dhaudai when they were trying to flee from the region, the ASP said.
The duo was wanted in several cases, he said adding that Suresh was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, while Rs 500 reward had been announced for the arrest of Kuldhar.
In the second incident, Gundo Korram (20), who was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, was held from Jhara police station of the district, the ASP said.
He was involved in various offences, including murder, attacks on police parties, torching vehicles, triggering explosives and others in the region, he said adding, further interrogation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside