Three students drown in Mahanadi
Raipur: Three students drowned in a river in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh during a school picnic.
The students of Shakuntala Vidyalaya, Bhilai were on a school tour to Sirpur village in Mahasamund yesterday, police said today.
They went for a swim in Mahanadi river when three of them -- all students of Class XI--, were washed away. The other students raised an alarm after they could not locate them.
"The three students were washed away by in the heavy current," Superintendent of Police T R Paikra said, adding that the bodies were later fished out from the river.
The deceased were identified as - Mayank Thakur, Ankit Kishor and Anugrah Daniel, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city