Three students drown in Mahanadi
Raipur: Three students drowned in a river in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh during a school picnic.
The students of Shakuntala Vidyalaya, Bhilai were on a school tour to Sirpur village in Mahasamund yesterday, police said today.
They went for a swim in Mahanadi river when three of them -- all students of Class XI--, were washed away. The other students raised an alarm after they could not locate them.
"The three students were washed away by in the heavy current," Superintendent of Police T R Paikra said, adding that the bodies were later fished out from the river.
The deceased were identified as - Mayank Thakur, Ankit Kishor and Anugrah Daniel, the SP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference