Three students drown in Mahanadi
Raipur: Three students drowned in a river in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh during a school picnic.
The students of Shakuntala Vidyalaya, Bhilai were on a school tour to Sirpur village in Mahasamund yesterday, police said today.
They went for a swim in Mahanadi river when three of them -- all students of Class XI--, were washed away. The other students raised an alarm after they could not locate them.
"The three students were washed away by in the heavy current," Superintendent of Police T R Paikra said, adding that the bodies were later fished out from the river.
The deceased were identified as - Mayank Thakur, Ankit Kishor and Anugrah Daniel, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!