Top Maoist leader Ravinder, wife Adimi surrender to Telangana DGP
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Top Maoist leader Chambala Ravinder alias Arjun, along with his wife Vetti Adimi alias Ranitha surrendered before the state police on Friday.
Both the Maoists surrendered to Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma today, police said.
They (Ravinder and Adimi) were wanted by the police and were carrying a bounty of Rs 20 Lakh and Rs 5 Lakh respectively, reports said.
“The CPI (Maoist) party, of late has become anti people and they were opposing the basic development of poor people. I had a lot of differences. Then I was transferred and given a low posting in the party which hurt my morale and there are health issues also,” Ravinder said while speaking to the media.
Ravinder has been in the Maoist movement for the last 25 years. Sources said that both were involved in many Naxal related incidents in Chhattisgarh. Ravinder is the second biggest leader of CPI (Maoist) to surrender after the dreaded Gudsa Usendi in recent times.
Last year, at least 17 people, including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, were killed and former union minister VC Shukla and 19 others injured when heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders inside a dense forest in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar district.
As per reports, there are 166 underground cadres still active with CPI (Maoists) working in different position in different places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000