Top Maoist leader Ravinder, wife Adimi surrender to Telangana DGP
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Top Maoist leader Chambala Ravinder alias Arjun, along with his wife Vetti Adimi alias Ranitha surrendered before the state police on Friday.
Both the Maoists surrendered to Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma today, police said.
They (Ravinder and Adimi) were wanted by the police and were carrying a bounty of Rs 20 Lakh and Rs 5 Lakh respectively, reports said.
“The CPI (Maoist) party, of late has become anti people and they were opposing the basic development of poor people. I had a lot of differences. Then I was transferred and given a low posting in the party which hurt my morale and there are health issues also,” Ravinder said while speaking to the media.
Ravinder has been in the Maoist movement for the last 25 years. Sources said that both were involved in many Naxal related incidents in Chhattisgarh. Ravinder is the second biggest leader of CPI (Maoist) to surrender after the dreaded Gudsa Usendi in recent times.
Last year, at least 17 people, including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, were killed and former union minister VC Shukla and 19 others injured when heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders inside a dense forest in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar district.
As per reports, there are 166 underground cadres still active with CPI (Maoists) working in different position in different places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!