Tribal woman in C`garh gangraped
Raipur: A tribal woman in Narayanpur district has claimed that she was gangraped by four unidentified armed men wearing uniforms.
Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava said that a case has been registered in this regard.
According to the woman, she was raped in the forest between Turtha and Karepal by four armed men on 18th of this month.
The 45-year old victim initially did not file police complaint on the advice by her family members. But a few days ago, she took ill and a health worker in the area who learnt about the incident alerted the police yesterday.
The woman first said that the culprits were wearing battle-fatigues but later said that they were wearing black uniforms.
It was not certain whether they were policemen or naxals, Srivastava stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!