Tribal woman in C`garh gangraped
Raipur: A tribal woman in Narayanpur district has claimed that she was gangraped by four unidentified armed men wearing uniforms.
Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava said that a case has been registered in this regard.
According to the woman, she was raped in the forest between Turtha and Karepal by four armed men on 18th of this month.
The 45-year old victim initially did not file police complaint on the advice by her family members. But a few days ago, she took ill and a health worker in the area who learnt about the incident alerted the police yesterday.
The woman first said that the culprits were wearing battle-fatigues but later said that they were wearing black uniforms.
It was not certain whether they were policemen or naxals, Srivastava stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq