Tribals demands inclusion of more adivasis in BPL
Malkangiri: A large number of tribals staged a demonstration before the collector`s
office here on Friday demanding inclusion of more adivasis in the BPL list.
The adivasis under the banner of four tribal organisations marched in a procession through the main thorough fares and converged before the collector`s office.
A memorandum enlisting their six-point charter of demands have been submitted to the district administration addressed to the union rural development minister Jairam Ramesh for the redressal of their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell