Troopers came under heavy fire: CRPF DG
Raipur: CRPF on Tuesday said its personnel who were ambushed in an early morning Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh came under heavy fire when they were moving for a road sanitisation task in Sukma district.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) chief Dilip Trivedi, who flew to Chhattisgarh after abandoning a scheduled meeting in Karnataka in the evening, told PTI that a number of weapons of the troopers have also been looted in the attack that took place in the forests of the district.
Trivedi denied reports that the body of a personnel involved in the operation was booby-trapped with Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
"We are still assessing the incident. I cannot say as of now if there was a violation of some security drills on part of the joint squad of our force and state police," he said.
Trivedi is scheduled to travel to the ambush area tomorrow along with senior CRPF and state police officials.
Meanwhile, those CRPF personnel killed have been identified as Inspectors Subhash Chander (Haryana) and Tilak Raj Singh (Punjab), Assistant Sub-Inspector Manmohan Singh (Madhya Pradesh), Head Constables Pradeep Kumar (Jharkhand) and Lakhbir Singh (Himachal Pradesh), Constables Faizal Haque (Assam), Manoj Kumar B (Chhattisgarh), Nahar Singh (Madhya Pradesh), Neeraj Kumar (Meerut), S Om Nath Rathore (Madhya Pradesh) and Ishwar Kishore Doharey (Uttar Pradesh).
The injured troops of the paramilitary are Constables Manish Kumar Singh Tomar (Madhya Pradesh) and Ashok Saikia (Assam).
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today