Troopers came under heavy fire: CRPF DG
Raipur: CRPF on Tuesday said its personnel who were ambushed in an early morning Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh came under heavy fire when they were moving for a road sanitisation task in Sukma district.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) chief Dilip Trivedi, who flew to Chhattisgarh after abandoning a scheduled meeting in Karnataka in the evening, told PTI that a number of weapons of the troopers have also been looted in the attack that took place in the forests of the district.
Trivedi denied reports that the body of a personnel involved in the operation was booby-trapped with Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
"We are still assessing the incident. I cannot say as of now if there was a violation of some security drills on part of the joint squad of our force and state police," he said.
Trivedi is scheduled to travel to the ambush area tomorrow along with senior CRPF and state police officials.
Meanwhile, those CRPF personnel killed have been identified as Inspectors Subhash Chander (Haryana) and Tilak Raj Singh (Punjab), Assistant Sub-Inspector Manmohan Singh (Madhya Pradesh), Head Constables Pradeep Kumar (Jharkhand) and Lakhbir Singh (Himachal Pradesh), Constables Faizal Haque (Assam), Manoj Kumar B (Chhattisgarh), Nahar Singh (Madhya Pradesh), Neeraj Kumar (Meerut), S Om Nath Rathore (Madhya Pradesh) and Ishwar Kishore Doharey (Uttar Pradesh).
The injured troops of the paramilitary are Constables Manish Kumar Singh Tomar (Madhya Pradesh) and Ashok Saikia (Assam).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash