Two Chhattisgarh cops killed in accident
Raipur: Two policemen were killed and at least four other policemen were injured when the vehicle they were travelling in hit a roadside tree in Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
The accident took place in Rajnandgaon district when policemen were on way to Khairagarh area for security of visiting Chief Minister Raman Singh.
One of the policemen died on the spot while the other succumbed to his injuries at a hospital. The condition of the four policemen injured in the accident is stated to be serious, officials here at police headquarters said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales