Two CISF jawans killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two CISF personnel were killed on Sunday in an attack by alleged Naxals in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Dantewada SP Narendra Khare told a news agency that naxals attacked Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel deployed at the mines of National Mining Development Corporation in Akash Nagar area of the district this morning.
Khare said Naxals, disguised as locals waiting for bus, attacked the CISF team near the check post in Akash Nagar.
While a jawan died on the spot, a constable was critically injured and succumbed at the hospital in Bacheli.
The ultras then fled taking away an AK-47 and an Insas rifle from the spot.
A hunt is on to nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!