Two CISF jawans killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two CISF personnel were killed on Sunday in an attack by alleged Naxals in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Dantewada SP Narendra Khare told a news agency that naxals attacked Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel deployed at the mines of National Mining Development Corporation in Akash Nagar area of the district this morning.
Khare said Naxals, disguised as locals waiting for bus, attacked the CISF team near the check post in Akash Nagar.
While a jawan died on the spot, a constable was critically injured and succumbed at the hospital in Bacheli.
The ultras then fled taking away an AK-47 and an Insas rifle from the spot.
A hunt is on to nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today