Two CISF jawans killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two CISF personnel were killed on Sunday in an attack by alleged Naxals in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Dantewada SP Narendra Khare told a news agency that naxals attacked Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel deployed at the mines of National Mining Development Corporation in Akash Nagar area of the district this morning.
Khare said Naxals, disguised as locals waiting for bus, attacked the CISF team near the check post in Akash Nagar.
While a jawan died on the spot, a constable was critically injured and succumbed at the hospital in Bacheli.
The ultras then fled taking away an AK-47 and an Insas rifle from the spot.
A hunt is on to nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days