Two CISF jawans killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two CISF personnel were killed on Sunday in an attack by alleged Naxals in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Dantewada SP Narendra Khare told a news agency that naxals attacked Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel deployed at the mines of National Mining Development Corporation in Akash Nagar area of the district this morning.
Khare said Naxals, disguised as locals waiting for bus, attacked the CISF team near the check post in Akash Nagar.
While a jawan died on the spot, a constable was critically injured and succumbed at the hospital in Bacheli.
The ultras then fled taking away an AK-47 and an Insas rifle from the spot.
A hunt is on to nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown