Two CoBRA jawans injured in anti-Naxal operation in Sukma
Raipur: Two CoBRA jawans were injured in a gun-battle between security forces and ultras in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Sukma district today.
The jawans received minor injuries in the firing that took place in the restive Karikunda forests of Bhejji region, Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police Neeraj Chandrakar said.
A joint team of CoBRA`s (Compact Battalion for Resolute Action), a specialised unit of CRPF, 208 battalion and district force was mobilised from Bhejji police station for an anti-Naxal operation in the interiors of south Bastar.
When they reached Karikunda forests, around 500 kms away from here, Naxals started indiscriminate firing. The rebels fled to the core forests, when jawans retaliated, the ASP said.
Two jawans received minor injuries in the incident and were air-lifted to Raipur for treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?