Two CoBRA jawans injured in anti-Naxal operation in Sukma
Raipur: Two CoBRA jawans were injured in a gun-battle between security forces and ultras in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Sukma district today.
The jawans received minor injuries in the firing that took place in the restive Karikunda forests of Bhejji region, Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police Neeraj Chandrakar said.
A joint team of CoBRA`s (Compact Battalion for Resolute Action), a specialised unit of CRPF, 208 battalion and district force was mobilised from Bhejji police station for an anti-Naxal operation in the interiors of south Bastar.
When they reached Karikunda forests, around 500 kms away from here, Naxals started indiscriminate firing. The rebels fled to the core forests, when jawans retaliated, the ASP said.
Two jawans received minor injuries in the incident and were air-lifted to Raipur for treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test