Two CRPF jawans injured in Naxal attack
Jagdalpur (C`garh): Two CRPF jawans were seriously injured in a Naxal attack on Saturday at Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Naxals opened indiscriminate fire at a joint team of CRPF and CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) battalion when it was patrolling the Chinaglur jungles under Basaguda police limits this morning, they said.
The security personnel also fired in retaliation but the Naxals managed to escape into the thick jungles.
The critically injured jawans were air-lifted from the spot and admitted to a hospital here, from where they are likely to be shifted to Ramakrishna Hospital in Raipur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain