Two CRPF jawans injured in Naxal attack
Jagdalpur (C`garh): Two CRPF jawans were seriously injured in a Naxal attack on Saturday at Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Naxals opened indiscriminate fire at a joint team of CRPF and CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) battalion when it was patrolling the Chinaglur jungles under Basaguda police limits this morning, they said.
The security personnel also fired in retaliation but the Naxals managed to escape into the thick jungles.
The critically injured jawans were air-lifted from the spot and admitted to a hospital here, from where they are likely to be shifted to Ramakrishna Hospital in Raipur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees