Two CRPF jawans injured in Naxal attack
Jagdalpur (C`garh): Two CRPF jawans were seriously injured in a Naxal attack on Saturday at Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Naxals opened indiscriminate fire at a joint team of CRPF and CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) battalion when it was patrolling the Chinaglur jungles under Basaguda police limits this morning, they said.
The security personnel also fired in retaliation but the Naxals managed to escape into the thick jungles.
The critically injured jawans were air-lifted from the spot and admitted to a hospital here, from where they are likely to be shifted to Ramakrishna Hospital in Raipur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir