Two CRPF personnel killed in encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were killed and another was injured in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Bijapur district here on Sunday, the police said.
The exchange of fire took place in the forests of Murtunda village under the Basaguda police station limits in which two CRPF men were killed, Inspector General of Police (Bastar Range) SRP Kalluri told PTI.
A squad of 168th battalion of the paramilitary force was on an area domination operation in Basaguda region, located around 450 km away from the state capital Raipur.
When they reached Murtunda forests, the Maoists opened indiscriminate firing at them leaving two CRPF personnel dead on the spot and another injured, the IG said.
However, when security personnel launched retaliatory attacks, the rebels fled into the forests, the IG said.
Reinforcements have been sent to the spot, the IG said, adding that efforts are on to retrieve the bodies of those killed and injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof