Two CRPF personnel killed in encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were killed and another was injured in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Bijapur district here on Sunday, the police said.
The exchange of fire took place in the forests of Murtunda village under the Basaguda police station limits in which two CRPF men were killed, Inspector General of Police (Bastar Range) SRP Kalluri told PTI.
A squad of 168th battalion of the paramilitary force was on an area domination operation in Basaguda region, located around 450 km away from the state capital Raipur.
When they reached Murtunda forests, the Maoists opened indiscriminate firing at them leaving two CRPF personnel dead on the spot and another injured, the IG said.
However, when security personnel launched retaliatory attacks, the rebels fled into the forests, the IG said.
Reinforcements have been sent to the spot, the IG said, adding that efforts are on to retrieve the bodies of those killed and injured.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now