Two elderly women murdered in Chhattisgarh
Bilaspur: A 60-year-old wife of a former NTPC official and his mother were allegedly murdered and cash and jewellery robbed from their house here by unidentified persons, police said on Tuesday.
Swagata Ganguly, the wife of Devashish Ganguly, who retired as DGM with NTPC, and his mother Beena Pani (84) were brutally murdered by unknown people who slit their throat using a sharp object last evening, a senior police official said.
The robbers decamped with cash and valuables from their house in Kalyan Bagh area of Rajkishore Nagar, he said.
Devashish, presently working in a private power plant in Gevera (Korba), was out of station for some work yesterday while the couple`s son was studying engineering in Bhilai.
Last evening, when the couple`s driver arrived at the house, nobody responded from inside.
With the help of locals, the driver managed to enter the house and found both the elderly women lying in a pool of blood, following which he immediately informed the police.
Some jewellery and Rs 14,000 cash kept in the house were found missing, police said.
A case has been registered in this connection and further probe was on, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing