Two elderly women murdered in Chhattisgarh
Bilaspur: A 60-year-old wife of a former NTPC official and his mother were allegedly murdered and cash and jewellery robbed from their house here by unidentified persons, police said on Tuesday.
Swagata Ganguly, the wife of Devashish Ganguly, who retired as DGM with NTPC, and his mother Beena Pani (84) were brutally murdered by unknown people who slit their throat using a sharp object last evening, a senior police official said.
The robbers decamped with cash and valuables from their house in Kalyan Bagh area of Rajkishore Nagar, he said.
Devashish, presently working in a private power plant in Gevera (Korba), was out of station for some work yesterday while the couple`s son was studying engineering in Bhilai.
Last evening, when the couple`s driver arrived at the house, nobody responded from inside.
With the help of locals, the driver managed to enter the house and found both the elderly women lying in a pool of blood, following which he immediately informed the police.
Some jewellery and Rs 14,000 cash kept in the house were found missing, police said.
A case has been registered in this connection and further probe was on, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire