Two elderly women murdered in Chhattisgarh
Bilaspur: A 60-year-old wife of a former NTPC official and his mother were allegedly murdered and cash and jewellery robbed from their house here by unidentified persons, police said on Tuesday.
Swagata Ganguly, the wife of Devashish Ganguly, who retired as DGM with NTPC, and his mother Beena Pani (84) were brutally murdered by unknown people who slit their throat using a sharp object last evening, a senior police official said.
The robbers decamped with cash and valuables from their house in Kalyan Bagh area of Rajkishore Nagar, he said.
Devashish, presently working in a private power plant in Gevera (Korba), was out of station for some work yesterday while the couple`s son was studying engineering in Bhilai.
Last evening, when the couple`s driver arrived at the house, nobody responded from inside.
With the help of locals, the driver managed to enter the house and found both the elderly women lying in a pool of blood, following which he immediately informed the police.
Some jewellery and Rs 14,000 cash kept in the house were found missing, police said.
A case has been registered in this connection and further probe was on, the official added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory