Two elderly women murdered in Chhattisgarh
Bilaspur: A 60-year-old wife of a former NTPC official and his mother were allegedly murdered and cash and jewellery robbed from their house here by unidentified persons, police said on Tuesday.
Swagata Ganguly, the wife of Devashish Ganguly, who retired as DGM with NTPC, and his mother Beena Pani (84) were brutally murdered by unknown people who slit their throat using a sharp object last evening, a senior police official said.
The robbers decamped with cash and valuables from their house in Kalyan Bagh area of Rajkishore Nagar, he said.
Devashish, presently working in a private power plant in Gevera (Korba), was out of station for some work yesterday while the couple`s son was studying engineering in Bhilai.
Last evening, when the couple`s driver arrived at the house, nobody responded from inside.
With the help of locals, the driver managed to enter the house and found both the elderly women lying in a pool of blood, following which he immediately informed the police.
Some jewellery and Rs 14,000 cash kept in the house were found missing, police said.
A case has been registered in this connection and further probe was on, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred