Two engines derail in C`garh; Naxal hand suspected
Raipur: Two engines of a goods train derailed in Maoist-hit Bastar district of Chhattisgarh after suspected Naxalites removed the fishplates from tracks on Jagdalpur -Vishakhapattam route Thursday, a top police officer said.
According to preliminary information, two engines of a goods train going towards Visakhapatnam jumped off the track in the area, over 250km from here, which is a Naxal belt, Bastar Additional Superintendent of Police S R Salaam said over phone.
A police team has been dispatched to Chhotekaklur area, where the incident took place, he said, adding "reports were received that ultras had removed the fishplates from the railway track early this morning."
Freight trains to Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh usually pass through this route and Naxals often target them, Salaam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II