Two engines derail in C`garh; Naxal hand suspected
Raipur: Two engines of a goods train derailed in Maoist-hit Bastar district of Chhattisgarh after suspected Naxalites removed the fishplates from tracks on Jagdalpur -Vishakhapattam route Thursday, a top police officer said.
According to preliminary information, two engines of a goods train going towards Visakhapatnam jumped off the track in the area, over 250km from here, which is a Naxal belt, Bastar Additional Superintendent of Police S R Salaam said over phone.
A police team has been dispatched to Chhotekaklur area, where the incident took place, he said, adding "reports were received that ultras had removed the fishplates from the railway track early this morning."
Freight trains to Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh usually pass through this route and Naxals often target them, Salaam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!