Two JSPL staff sent to 15-day judicial remand
Raipur: Two officials of Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) have surrendered in a court for their involvement in attacking RTI activist Ramesh Agrawal in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district, were sent to 15-days judicial custody on Thursday.
Senior security officer of JSPL, Brigadier (retd) KK Chopra and Deputy Manager SN Panigrahi, were produced in the local court, which later sent them to the 15-days judicial custody.
After the two surrendered in the district court, there were sent to police remand till October 25.
Ramesh Agrawal, 56, known for protecting local communities from industrial pollution and displacement due to industrial projects through the Right to Information Act (RTI), was shot at in his office in the industrial town of Raigarh in July this year.
He was operated upon twice in state capital Raipur and is yet to recover.
Police had earlier arrested four people - Sangram Singh, Sanjay, Naresh Patro and Tarkeshwar Rai - in the case.
The private sector steel major, JSPL owned by Congress MP Naveen jindal, has steel and power plants in Raigarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Donald Trump victory could cause global recession: Citigroup
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America