Two JSPL staff sent to 15-day judicial remand
Raipur: Two officials of Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) have surrendered in a court for their involvement in attacking RTI activist Ramesh Agrawal in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district, were sent to 15-days judicial custody on Thursday.
Senior security officer of JSPL, Brigadier (retd) KK Chopra and Deputy Manager SN Panigrahi, were produced in the local court, which later sent them to the 15-days judicial custody.
After the two surrendered in the district court, there were sent to police remand till October 25.
Ramesh Agrawal, 56, known for protecting local communities from industrial pollution and displacement due to industrial projects through the Right to Information Act (RTI), was shot at in his office in the industrial town of Raigarh in July this year.
He was operated upon twice in state capital Raipur and is yet to recover.
Police had earlier arrested four people - Sangram Singh, Sanjay, Naresh Patro and Tarkeshwar Rai - in the case.
The private sector steel major, JSPL owned by Congress MP Naveen jindal, has steel and power plants in Raigarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder