Two JSPL staff sent to 15-day judicial remand
Raipur: Two officials of Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) have surrendered in a court for their involvement in attacking RTI activist Ramesh Agrawal in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district, were sent to 15-days judicial custody on Thursday.
Senior security officer of JSPL, Brigadier (retd) KK Chopra and Deputy Manager SN Panigrahi, were produced in the local court, which later sent them to the 15-days judicial custody.
After the two surrendered in the district court, there were sent to police remand till October 25.
Ramesh Agrawal, 56, known for protecting local communities from industrial pollution and displacement due to industrial projects through the Right to Information Act (RTI), was shot at in his office in the industrial town of Raigarh in July this year.
He was operated upon twice in state capital Raipur and is yet to recover.
Police had earlier arrested four people - Sangram Singh, Sanjay, Naresh Patro and Tarkeshwar Rai - in the case.
The private sector steel major, JSPL owned by Congress MP Naveen jindal, has steel and power plants in Raigarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home