Two Maoists arrested from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Maoists, one of them carrying a cash award on his head, were arrested from the Maoist hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said here today.
Maoist cadres, including a woman, were nabbed during a search operation by joint team of the Chhattisgarh Armed Force and the district force in the forests under the Faresgarh police station limits last evening, a senior police official said.
The patrol was on a search operation in the Farsegarh region, located over 400 km away from the state capital of Raipur.
On reaching the jungles of Talmendri village, two people were spotted fleeing after which they were chased and arrested, he said.
Those arrested were identified as Bedja Lakhmu (27) and a woman called Dasho Madvi, who are allegedly members of the national park area committee of the outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist).
Bedja who carries a cash award of Rs 10,000 on his head, is wanted in around 11 cases, ranging from loot, arson, murder and attacks on the police in the region.
They have admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price