Two Maoists arrested from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Maoists, one of them carrying a cash award on his head, were arrested from the Maoist hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said here today.
Maoist cadres, including a woman, were nabbed during a search operation by joint team of the Chhattisgarh Armed Force and the district force in the forests under the Faresgarh police station limits last evening, a senior police official said.
The patrol was on a search operation in the Farsegarh region, located over 400 km away from the state capital of Raipur.
On reaching the jungles of Talmendri village, two people were spotted fleeing after which they were chased and arrested, he said.
Those arrested were identified as Bedja Lakhmu (27) and a woman called Dasho Madvi, who are allegedly members of the national park area committee of the outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist).
Bedja who carries a cash award of Rs 10,000 on his head, is wanted in around 11 cases, ranging from loot, arson, murder and attacks on the police in the region.
They have admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan