Two Maoists arrested in joint operation by CRPF and police
Raipur: Two Maoists were arrested during a joint search operation in insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday.
"Maoist cadres were nabbed from Marudbaka village under Awapalli police station area by a joint contingent of the district force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)," a senior police official told PTI.
Those arrested were identified as Gatpalli Narraiya (40) and Kunjam Lachhu (28), members of the Awapalli Jan Militia Group.
During a combing operation in the Awapalli region, the police patrol rounded them up on suspicion, the official said, adding they admitted involvement in the Maoist movement.
Both were involved in several crimes, including arson and attempt to murder, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube