Two Maoists arrested in joint operation by CRPF and police
Raipur: Two Maoists were arrested during a joint search operation in insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday.
"Maoist cadres were nabbed from Marudbaka village under Awapalli police station area by a joint contingent of the district force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)," a senior police official told PTI.
Those arrested were identified as Gatpalli Narraiya (40) and Kunjam Lachhu (28), members of the Awapalli Jan Militia Group.
During a combing operation in the Awapalli region, the police patrol rounded them up on suspicion, the official said, adding they admitted involvement in the Maoist movement.
Both were involved in several crimes, including arson and attempt to murder, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed