Two minor ashram inmates sodomised, superintendent booked in Chhattisgarh
Raigarh: A 76-year-old hostel superintendent of government aided ashram here has been booked for allegedly sodomising two minor tribal inmates, police said on Monday.
According to District Superintendent of Police, Rahul Bhagat, the incident came to light last week on Thursday night after the victims, aged 10 and 12 years, informed their parents over phone that hostel superintendent Swami Ramanand Saraswati used to call them to his room and sexually assault them.
Following which parents lodged a complaint on Saturday. But as soon as the incident came to light, the accused went absconding, the SP said.
A four-member team headed by Sub-Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Rama Patel has been set up to investigate the matter and trace him, the official added.
The ashram -- Arya Vidya Sabha -- is a government aided Gurukul for students in Lailunga region of Chhatisgarh`s Raigarh district, housing around 332 students from class VI-XII.
A case has been registered against Saraswati for sexually harassing and indulging in unnatural sex with the inmates under section 377 and 506 B of the IPC, besides being charged under sections of Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act (POSCO Act 2012) and Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, police said.
Meanwhile, Raigarh Collector Mukesh Bansal has also constituted a high level committee led by Zila Panchayat Chief Executive Officer Rajesh Singh Rana to probe the incident and submit its report within 48 hours.
According to sources, Saraswati, who was a pracharak of the Arya Sabha, joined as the Superintendent in 2006-07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video