Two minor sisters raped in moving van for 2 weeks; 2 arrested
Bilaspur: Two minor sisters were allegedly kidnapped from the district and repeatedly raped by two men in a moving van for over two weeks, police said Friday.
The accused, Mahendra Soni (28) and his accomplice Ishwar Soni (32), have been arrested and a case registered against them, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police B N Meena said.
The victims, 15 and 13 years old, were rescued and handed over to their parents at Belmundi village under Hirri police station limits in the district yesterday, he said.
According to the victims, Mahendra befriended them at Ratanpur fair on September 25 and took them along for a trip.
He dropped both the sisters at Simga town where Ishwar was already present, the SP said.
The duo then forcibly took the girls inside a stolen van and raped them while the vehicle was moving across several places in Durg, Raipur, Bilaspur, Rajim, Simga and Kasdol. The accused had threatened to kill the girls if they resisted, the SP said.
Meanwhile, on September 30, a woman had lodged a complaint at the Hirri police station that her daughters had gone missing, following which a probe was launched.
On getting a tip-off about the presence of a girl in a suspected condition in a van near Devrikhurd village adjacent to Bilaspur city, police nabbed Mahendra Soni on Wednesday evening and rescued the girl, the SP said.
Based on Mahendra`s statement, the second girl was rescued from the Chingrajpara locality of Bilaspur and Ishwar was caught from there, he said.
The stolen van which was used in the crime and a motorcycle were also recovered from the possession of the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog