Two Naxal sympathisers held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Police on Friday arrested two Naxal sympathisers and seized a huge stock of medicines from their possession in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
The two Naxal sympathisers-- a doctor and teacher-- identified as Madvi Rama and Podiyami Bhima respectively, were arrested from Maraiguda region here, Sukma Superintendent of Police Abhishek Shandilya said.
The arrests were made following a tip-off, he said, adding, Rama used to work as a doctor in the villages under the Janatana Sarkar (people`s government) of the Naxals, whereas, Bhima worked as a teacher in these villages.
According to police, there is "so-called Janatana Sarkar" in some of the villages in the Naxal-hit Abuzmaad region of Chhattisgarh.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport