Two Naxal sympathisers held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Police on Friday arrested two Naxal sympathisers and seized a huge stock of medicines from their possession in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
The two Naxal sympathisers-- a doctor and teacher-- identified as Madvi Rama and Podiyami Bhima respectively, were arrested from Maraiguda region here, Sukma Superintendent of Police Abhishek Shandilya said.
The arrests were made following a tip-off, he said, adding, Rama used to work as a doctor in the villages under the Janatana Sarkar (people`s government) of the Naxals, whereas, Bhima worked as a teacher in these villages.
According to police, there is "so-called Janatana Sarkar" in some of the villages in the Naxal-hit Abuzmaad region of Chhattisgarh.
Further investigations are on, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals