Two Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during separate search operations conducted by a joint contingent of BSF and district police force in the Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
Ramaram Jade (30) was nabbed yesterday by the security forces from forests under the jurisdiction of Durgukondal police station, a senior police official said.
"In a separate incident, Sakharam (35) was arrested from the forests of Kursel village under the jurisdiction of Tadoki police station," the official said.
Both of them were involved in a number of cases including loot, arson and kidnapping in the region.
Acting on a tip-off about their presence in the area, the police party arrested them, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’