Two Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during separate search operations conducted by a joint contingent of BSF and district police force in the Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
Ramaram Jade (30) was nabbed yesterday by the security forces from forests under the jurisdiction of Durgukondal police station, a senior police official said.
"In a separate incident, Sakharam (35) was arrested from the forests of Kursel village under the jurisdiction of Tadoki police station," the official said.
Both of them were involved in a number of cases including loot, arson and kidnapping in the region.
Acting on a tip-off about their presence in the area, the police party arrested them, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country