Two Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during separate search operations conducted by a joint contingent of BSF and district police force in the Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
Ramaram Jade (30) was nabbed yesterday by the security forces from forests under the jurisdiction of Durgukondal police station, a senior police official said.
"In a separate incident, Sakharam (35) was arrested from the forests of Kursel village under the jurisdiction of Tadoki police station," the official said.
Both of them were involved in a number of cases including loot, arson and kidnapping in the region.
Acting on a tip-off about their presence in the area, the police party arrested them, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees