Two Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during a search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
The cadres were nabbed while they were trying to flee into the forests under Gangalur police station limits last evening, Bijapur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sukhnandan Rathore said.
A team of local police was on a combing operation in the Gangalur area, around 450 kms away from here, when it spotted the rebels in Peddapara village.
Those nabbed were identified as Punem Aytu (29) and Paiku Punem (35), active members of Gangalur area committee, he said.
During interrogation, the duo admitted of being involved in several incidents of crime, including arson and murder in the region, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years