Two Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during a search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
The cadres were nabbed while they were trying to flee into the forests under Gangalur police station limits last evening, Bijapur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sukhnandan Rathore said.
A team of local police was on a combing operation in the Gangalur area, around 450 kms away from here, when it spotted the rebels in Peddapara village.
Those nabbed were identified as Punem Aytu (29) and Paiku Punem (35), active members of Gangalur area committee, he said.
During interrogation, the duo admitted of being involved in several incidents of crime, including arson and murder in the region, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh