Two Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during a search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
The cadres were nabbed while they were trying to flee into the forests under Gangalur police station limits last evening, Bijapur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sukhnandan Rathore said.
A team of local police was on a combing operation in the Gangalur area, around 450 kms away from here, when it spotted the rebels in Peddapara village.
Those nabbed were identified as Punem Aytu (29) and Paiku Punem (35), active members of Gangalur area committee, he said.
During interrogation, the duo admitted of being involved in several incidents of crime, including arson and murder in the region, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad