Two naxals arrested in Chhattishgarh
Raipur: Two naxals were on Tuesday arrested in a forest area of Dantewada district in Chhattishgarh, police said.
"Kosa (35) and Joga (32) were arrested in the forest area of Mokhpal village under Kuakonda police station limits of the naxal-affected district today," Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare told PTI.
Kosa was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off about naxal movement in the region, a police party was sent in the forest area.
On seeing the forces, naxals fled inside the forest but Kosa was rounded up by the police while Joga was apprehended from another part of the jungle, the SP said.
Both were involved in several criminal cases ranging from loot, kidnapping and killing in the region, he said.
After producing them in a local court of Dantewada, both were sent to jail, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?