Two naxals arrested in Chhattishgarh
Raipur: Two naxals were on Tuesday arrested in a forest area of Dantewada district in Chhattishgarh, police said.
"Kosa (35) and Joga (32) were arrested in the forest area of Mokhpal village under Kuakonda police station limits of the naxal-affected district today," Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare told PTI.
Kosa was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off about naxal movement in the region, a police party was sent in the forest area.
On seeing the forces, naxals fled inside the forest but Kosa was rounded up by the police while Joga was apprehended from another part of the jungle, the SP said.
Both were involved in several criminal cases ranging from loot, kidnapping and killing in the region, he said.
After producing them in a local court of Dantewada, both were sent to jail, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price