Two Naxals arrested in Kanker
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested from
Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district on Tuesday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Roop Singh and Mehru
Ram from Paratpur village under Pakhanjur station area and
seized many guns from the Superintendent of Police, Kanker
Ajay Yadav told PTI over phone.
Both the accused were wanted in connection with murder
and attempt to murder cases, he said.
Further investigation is on, police said.
In two other incidents today, nine Naxals and two CRPF
jawans were killed in Dantewada and Bijapur districts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore