Two Naxals arrested in Raipur
Raipur: Two naxals were arrested after an encounter with the police in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said on Tuesday.
The arrested naxals have been identified as Mudkam Joga (30) and Oyam Ayut (28) and a case has been registered in this regard.
According to the police a group of naxals attacked a police team in Nendra village in Basaguda police station area of Bijapur district, following which the duo were arrested.
They said, CRPF and district force had gone for regular combing activity in forests of Nendra village, when armed naxalites in uniform opened fire at the police contingent.
Police also opened fire in retaliation and after a prolonged operation the naxals managed to escape. The police team followed them and arrested the duo and recovered some bow and arrows from there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler