Two Naxals arrested in Raipur
Raipur: Two naxals were arrested after an encounter with the police in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said on Tuesday.
The arrested naxals have been identified as Mudkam Joga (30) and Oyam Ayut (28) and a case has been registered in this regard.
According to the police a group of naxals attacked a police team in Nendra village in Basaguda police station area of Bijapur district, following which the duo were arrested.
They said, CRPF and district force had gone for regular combing activity in forests of Nendra village, when armed naxalites in uniform opened fire at the police contingent.
Police also opened fire in retaliation and after a prolonged operation the naxals managed to escape. The police team followed them and arrested the duo and recovered some bow and arrows from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA