Two Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals who had set on fire bamboo depots were arrested by security forces in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"The two Naxals were arrested when they were running away after setting fire two bamboo depots of the forest department yesterday," Bhanupratapur Sub-Divisional Officer of Police Tarkeshwar Patel told a news agency over phone.
The Border Security Force (BSF) launched a search operation in the region immediately after the incident and got the duo arrested. They were identified as Rajkumar Nareti (26) and Ram Singh (27), he said, adding, their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report