Two Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals who had set on fire bamboo depots were arrested by security forces in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"The two Naxals were arrested when they were running away after setting fire two bamboo depots of the forest department yesterday," Bhanupratapur Sub-Divisional Officer of Police Tarkeshwar Patel told a news agency over phone.
The Border Security Force (BSF) launched a search operation in the region immediately after the incident and got the duo arrested. They were identified as Rajkumar Nareti (26) and Ram Singh (27), he said, adding, their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui