Two Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals who had set on fire bamboo depots were arrested by security forces in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"The two Naxals were arrested when they were running away after setting fire two bamboo depots of the forest department yesterday," Bhanupratapur Sub-Divisional Officer of Police Tarkeshwar Patel told a news agency over phone.
The Border Security Force (BSF) launched a search operation in the region immediately after the incident and got the duo arrested. They were identified as Rajkumar Nareti (26) and Ram Singh (27), he said, adding, their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened