Two Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals who had set on fire bamboo depots were arrested by security forces in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"The two Naxals were arrested when they were running away after setting fire two bamboo depots of the forest department yesterday," Bhanupratapur Sub-Divisional Officer of Police Tarkeshwar Patel told a news agency over phone.
The Border Security Force (BSF) launched a search operation in the region immediately after the incident and got the duo arrested. They were identified as Rajkumar Nareti (26) and Ram Singh (27), he said, adding, their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...