Two naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two naxalites were arrested during a search operation in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Monday, police said.
The cadres were nabbed by the joint contingent of district force, CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) and CAF (Chhattisgarh Armed Force) from the forests of Madded police station area in the district, they said.
They were identified as Michha Shankar (25) and Michha Ganpat (29), both the members of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist), police said.
The patrol party was on a combing operation in Tamlapalli and Anagampalli villages, located over 400 kms in southern Bastar region, from Sunday when they spotted the duo who were arrested after a chase.
They were involved in several incidents of serious crimes like murder, attempt to murder, dacoity etc, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened