Two Naxals including woman cadre held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals, including a woman who was carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 on her head, were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kondagaon district on Monday, police said.
"While Rajkumari alias Bulki Netam (26), a member of Chema Janatana Sarkar group of the CPI (Maoist), was apprehended from Totar village under Mardapal police station limits, Raju alias Surendra (30), a member of Barda Janata Sarkar group, was nabbed from Bahigaon Khetarpal Road under Keshkal police station limits," Kondagaon Additional SP Surjit Atri told PTI.
Netam was apprehended from a place of her relatives in Totar on a tip-off, he said.
According to the officer, Netam has been active in the Red movement since 2007 and has been involved in several incidents of crime, loot, arson, murder, attacks on security forces and polling party and others.
Surendra, who has allegedly been involved in the Naxal movement since 2010, was arrested by a team of district force which was on an area domination exercise in Keshkal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state