Two Naxals including woman cadre held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals, including a woman who was carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 on her head, were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kondagaon district on Monday, police said.
"While Rajkumari alias Bulki Netam (26), a member of Chema Janatana Sarkar group of the CPI (Maoist), was apprehended from Totar village under Mardapal police station limits, Raju alias Surendra (30), a member of Barda Janata Sarkar group, was nabbed from Bahigaon Khetarpal Road under Keshkal police station limits," Kondagaon Additional SP Surjit Atri told PTI.
Netam was apprehended from a place of her relatives in Totar on a tip-off, he said.
According to the officer, Netam has been active in the Red movement since 2007 and has been involved in several incidents of crime, loot, arson, murder, attacks on security forces and polling party and others.
Surendra, who has allegedly been involved in the Naxal movement since 2010, was arrested by a team of district force which was on an area domination exercise in Keshkal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump