Two Naxals including woman cadre held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals, including a woman who was carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 on her head, were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kondagaon district on Monday, police said.
"While Rajkumari alias Bulki Netam (26), a member of Chema Janatana Sarkar group of the CPI (Maoist), was apprehended from Totar village under Mardapal police station limits, Raju alias Surendra (30), a member of Barda Janata Sarkar group, was nabbed from Bahigaon Khetarpal Road under Keshkal police station limits," Kondagaon Additional SP Surjit Atri told PTI.
Netam was apprehended from a place of her relatives in Totar on a tip-off, he said.
According to the officer, Netam has been active in the Red movement since 2007 and has been involved in several incidents of crime, loot, arson, murder, attacks on security forces and polling party and others.
Surendra, who has allegedly been involved in the Naxal movement since 2010, was arrested by a team of district force which was on an area domination exercise in Keshkal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head