Two naxals including woman cadre held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two naxals, including a woman who was carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 on her head, were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kondagaon district on Monday, police said.
"While Rajkumari alias Bulki Netam (26), a member of Chema Janatana Sarkar group of the CPI (Maoist), was apprehended from Totar village under Mardapal police station limits, Raju alias Surendra (30), a member of Barda Janata Sarkar group, was nabbed from Bahigaon Khetarpal Road under Keshkal police station limits," Kondagaon Additional SP Surjit Atri told PTI.
Netam was apprehended from a place of her relatives in Totar on a tip-off, he said.
According to the officer, Netam has been active in the Red movement since 2007 and has been involved in several incidents of crime, loot, arson, murder, attacks on security forces and polling party and others.
Surendra, who has allegedly been involved in the naxal movement since 2010, was arrested by a team of district force which was on an area domination exercise in Keshkal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3