Two naxals including woman cadre held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two naxals, including a woman who was carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 on her head, were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kondagaon district on Monday, police said.
"While Rajkumari alias Bulki Netam (26), a member of Chema Janatana Sarkar group of the CPI (Maoist), was apprehended from Totar village under Mardapal police station limits, Raju alias Surendra (30), a member of Barda Janata Sarkar group, was nabbed from Bahigaon Khetarpal Road under Keshkal police station limits," Kondagaon Additional SP Surjit Atri told PTI.
Netam was apprehended from a place of her relatives in Totar on a tip-off, he said.
According to the officer, Netam has been active in the Red movement since 2007 and has been involved in several incidents of crime, loot, arson, murder, attacks on security forces and polling party and others.
Surendra, who has allegedly been involved in the naxal movement since 2010, was arrested by a team of district force which was on an area domination exercise in Keshkal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore