Two Naxals involved in Jiram valley attack arrested
Raipur: Two dreaded Maoists allegedly involved in last year's ghastly Jiram valley attack which killed 31 people including some Congress leaders, were on on Tuesday arrested in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district.
A cache of explosives was also recovered from the ultras, police said.
Acting on specific inputs, the cadres were apprehended by a joint team of district force and Central Reserve Police Force from a mobile check post under Darbha police station limits this evening, Bastar Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav told PTI.
During the interrogation, the arrested rebels, identified as Sukhdev Naag (31) and Manjhiram Kashyap (32), natives of Tongpal police station limits in bordering Sukma district, revealed that they were among the cadres who targeted Congress convoy in Jiram valley, Yadav said.
As per their statements, Sukhdev was in the group of armed rebels, who gunned down senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma and other Congressmen, while Manjhiram passed on crucial information regarding the movement of Congress convoy and security forces in the region ahead of executing the attack to military platoon of CPI (Maoist), the SP said.
Manjhiram also acted as an informer in dispensing key details about the movement of security personnel ahead of Tahakwada attack under Tongpal police station limits killing 15 security personnel and a civilian in March this year, he said.
Notably, based on the statements of three ultras, including two women, who surrendered yesterday in Jagdalpur, the security personnel intensified its combing in the region to catch those local cadres who were involved in attack on Congress convoy in Jiram valley of Darbha.
Meanwhile, Sukhdev and Manjhiram were nabbed while they were riding on a bike along with explosives between Darbha and Jiram camp of security personnel during checking of the vehicles, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you