Two Naxals killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Maoists were killed and a cache of arms was seized following a prolonged encounter between the security forces and the insurgents in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district on Tuesday, the police said.
"The incident took place in the restive forests of Gudabeda and Nichebeda villages under the Koyalibeda police station limits," Deputy Inspector General of Police of the State Intelligence Bureau Deepanshu Kabra told a news agency.
A joint patrol of the Border Security Force (BSF) and the district police force launched a search operation this morning after an encounter with Maoists in the Rawghat forests, located around 200 km away from Chhattisgarh`s capital Raipur, yesterday, he said.
The operation was based on inputs that Maoists who had attacked the patrol on Monday were present in the Koyalibeda forests.
When security forces reached near the Gudabeda-Nichebeda jungle, the Maoists allegedly fired indiscriminately at them and then fled into the forest after security forces launched a retaliatory attack, he said.
After the ensuing gunfight which lasted for around an hour, security personnel recovered the bodies of two Maoists and three muzzle loading guns from the spot, he said.
The officer also claimed that some of the Maoists may have suffered injuries, as stains of blood were spotted in the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy