Two Naxals shot dead by police in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were killed in a
gunfight with the police in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district
Tuesday, officials said.
The rebels were killed in the jungles near Kotapalli
village, police spokesman, Inspector General Rajesh Mishra,
said by phone.
A team of District Police Force and Special Police
Officers came under gunfire from the Naxals near the village.
The police personnel retaliated, gunning down two Maoists, he
One rifle, Naxal literature and some documents, among
other things, were recovered from the spot, Mishra said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis