Two Naxals shot dead by police in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were killed in a
gunfight with the police in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district
Tuesday, officials said.
The rebels were killed in the jungles near Kotapalli
village, police spokesman, Inspector General Rajesh Mishra,
said by phone.
A team of District Police Force and Special Police
Officers came under gunfire from the Naxals near the village.
The police personnel retaliated, gunning down two Maoists, he
One rifle, Naxal literature and some documents, among
other things, were recovered from the spot, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch