Two Naxals shot dead by police in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two Naxals were killed in a
gunfight with the police in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district
Tuesday, officials said.
The rebels were killed in the jungles near Kotapalli
village, police spokesman, Inspector General Rajesh Mishra,
said by phone.
A team of District Police Force and Special Police
Officers came under gunfire from the Naxals near the village.
The police personnel retaliated, gunning down two Maoists, he
One rifle, Naxal literature and some documents, among
other things, were recovered from the spot, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj