Two Naxals surrender in Rajnandgaon
Raipur: Two Naxals, including a woman, today surrendered in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
"Maoists` military platoon-55 section commander Kamlesh Singh and member Shilpa surrendered before Durg Range IGP Ashok Juneja," Rajnadgaon SP Sanjeev Shukla said.
"Both had served in Naxal movement in Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh," he said.
Kalmesh, a native of Domikala village in Rajnandgaon district, joined Naxal when he was 15. Initially he worked with Aundhi dalam for two months and later shifted to Kodekhursh Local Operating Squad (LOS), which is active in Rajnandgaon and Kanker districts, the SP said.
He also spent some time in Gadhchiroli, Maharashtra.
"Under pressure from security personnel and (due to) harsh forest life, he decided to quit," the SP said, adding that Kamlesh handed over to police a 7.62 mm SLR rifle, 3 SLR magazines and 75 live cartridges.
Hemlata, hailing from Phoolgondi village of Maharashtra, told police that she joined Maoists when she was just 14 years old. She became a member of Korchi dalam and in 2012 was transferred to platoon number 55.
She claimed she was abused, humiliated and beaten by senior Naxal functionaries at times and was often denied basic facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report