Two policemen injured in landmine blast
Raipur: Two policemen were injured Wednesday
in a landmine blast in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district.
The incident took place in Cherpal village when the
explosives went off while the security personnel were
de-mining the Bijapur-Gangalur road, District Superintendent
of Police Avinash Mohanty said.
The policemen were on patrol in the area after
receiving a tip off that Naxals had laid a landmine on the
stretch, Mohanty said.
Further details are awaited.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'