Two policemen injured in landmine blast
Raipur: Two policemen were injured Wednesday
in a landmine blast in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district.
The incident took place in Cherpal village when the
explosives went off while the security personnel were
de-mining the Bijapur-Gangalur road, District Superintendent
of Police Avinash Mohanty said.
The policemen were on patrol in the area after
receiving a tip off that Naxals had laid a landmine on the
stretch, Mohanty said.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why
- Disappointed KL Rahul keeping spirits high despite unfortunate loss in first T20I
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on