Two policemen injured in landmine blast
Raipur: Two policemen were injured Wednesday
in a landmine blast in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district.
The incident took place in Cherpal village when the
explosives went off while the security personnel were
de-mining the Bijapur-Gangalur road, District Superintendent
of Police Avinash Mohanty said.
The policemen were on patrol in the area after
receiving a tip off that Naxals had laid a landmine on the
stretch, Mohanty said.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'