Two policemen injured in landmine blast
Raipur: Two policemen were injured Wednesday
in a landmine blast in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district.
The incident took place in Cherpal village when the
explosives went off while the security personnel were
de-mining the Bijapur-Gangalur road, District Superintendent
of Police Avinash Mohanty said.
The policemen were on patrol in the area after
receiving a tip off that Naxals had laid a landmine on the
stretch, Mohanty said.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!