Two policemen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two police personnel were killed in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday.
The incident took place when a joint contingent of BSF and district force were on a combing operation in the jungles of Tadoti Police Station area of the district, Kanker SP, RN Das told a news agency.
When the patrolling party reached Shakti Ghat, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire, killing the jawans of the district force.
Those killed were identified as Sub Inspector Santosh Ekka and Head Constable Aliram Usendi.
Additional forces have been sent to the spot to recover the bodies of the jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference
- Shocking! Here priest slept with more than 100 girls and mothers allowed it – Know why