Two policemen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two police personnel were killed in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday.
The incident took place when a joint contingent of BSF and district force were on a combing operation in the jungles of Tadoti Police Station area of the district, Kanker SP, RN Das told a news agency.
When the patrolling party reached Shakti Ghat, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire, killing the jawans of the district force.
Those killed were identified as Sub Inspector Santosh Ekka and Head Constable Aliram Usendi.
Additional forces have been sent to the spot to recover the bodies of the jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption