Two policemen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two police personnel were killed in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday.
The incident took place when a joint contingent of BSF and district force were on a combing operation in the jungles of Tadoti Police Station area of the district, Kanker SP, RN Das told a news agency.
When the patrolling party reached Shakti Ghat, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire, killing the jawans of the district force.
Those killed were identified as Sub Inspector Santosh Ekka and Head Constable Aliram Usendi.
Additional forces have been sent to the spot to recover the bodies of the jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February