Two policemen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two police personnel were killed in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday.
The incident took place when a joint contingent of BSF and district force were on a combing operation in the jungles of Tadoti Police Station area of the district, Kanker SP, RN Das told a news agency.
When the patrolling party reached Shakti Ghat, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire, killing the jawans of the district force.
Those killed were identified as Sub Inspector Santosh Ekka and Head Constable Aliram Usendi.
Additional forces have been sent to the spot to recover the bodies of the jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe renew rivalry as Laver Cup captains
- Mamata Banerjee warns Gorkha Janmukti Morcha against violence
- Powerful quake hits Myanmar, damaging famed Bagan temples; tremors felt in India
- FIFA panel opens probes into South Africa match-fixing cases
- At least 120 killed as quake flattens towns in central Italy