Two policemen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two police personnel were killed in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday.
The incident took place when a joint contingent of BSF and district force were on a combing operation in the jungles of Tadoti Police Station area of the district, Kanker SP, RN Das told a news agency.
When the patrolling party reached Shakti Ghat, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire, killing the jawans of the district force.
Those killed were identified as Sub Inspector Santosh Ekka and Head Constable Aliram Usendi.
Additional forces have been sent to the spot to recover the bodies of the jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports
- 25 injured in fresh clashes in Kashmir, death toll rises to 68