Two security personnel injured in Naxal blast in Bijapur
Raipur: A day after polling in Chattisgarh`s Bastar Lok Sabha seat, two security personnel were on Friday injured in a pressure bomb blast carried out by Naxals in the insurgency-hit Bijapur district of the region, police said.
"The blast occurred when a joint Road Opening Party (ROP) of CRPF and district force was on an operation for sanitising the area for the movement of polling party returning to their fold after voting, in Dubaiguda forest of Awapalli region, Bijapur Additional Superintendent of Police Abhishek Meena told a news agency.
"During operation, a Central Reserve Police Force jawan and a state police personnel came in contact with the pressure bomb that exploded, injuring both of them," he said.
Reinforcement was rushed to the spot soon after news of the incident was received. The injured personnel were being airlifted and referred to Raipur for treatment, Meena said.
Amid tight security, the Maoist-hit Bastar constituency of Chhattisgarh went to the polls in the first phase of Parliamentary Election in the state yesterday where 52 percent voter turnout was recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!