Two security personnel injured in Naxal blast in Bijapur
Raipur: A day after polling in Chattisgarh`s Bastar Lok Sabha seat, two security personnel were on Friday injured in a pressure bomb blast carried out by Naxals in the insurgency-hit Bijapur district of the region, police said.
"The blast occurred when a joint Road Opening Party (ROP) of CRPF and district force was on an operation for sanitising the area for the movement of polling party returning to their fold after voting, in Dubaiguda forest of Awapalli region, Bijapur Additional Superintendent of Police Abhishek Meena told a news agency.
"During operation, a Central Reserve Police Force jawan and a state police personnel came in contact with the pressure bomb that exploded, injuring both of them," he said.
Reinforcement was rushed to the spot soon after news of the incident was received. The injured personnel were being airlifted and referred to Raipur for treatment, Meena said.
Amid tight security, the Maoist-hit Bastar constituency of Chhattisgarh went to the polls in the first phase of Parliamentary Election in the state yesterday where 52 percent voter turnout was recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery