Two troopers injured in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack
Raipur: Two troopers of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were injured in a gunfight with Maoist militants in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district Saturday, police said.
The injured personnel have been admitted to Bijapur district hospital.
Bijapur district Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal said that a team of CRPF troopers on a routine search operation came under fire from Maoists.
The jawans returned fire. After an hour long gun battle, the insurgents fled into the jungles. In the gunfight, two CRPF personnel, Bhagirathi Kalita and Chandan Kumar, were injured. Their condition is stable," Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers