Two troopers injured in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack
Raipur: Two troopers of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were injured in a gunfight with Maoist militants in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district Saturday, police said.
The injured personnel have been admitted to Bijapur district hospital.
Bijapur district Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal said that a team of CRPF troopers on a routine search operation came under fire from Maoists.
The jawans returned fire. After an hour long gun battle, the insurgents fled into the jungles. In the gunfight, two CRPF personnel, Bhagirathi Kalita and Chandan Kumar, were injured. Their condition is stable," Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital