Unlike Digvijay, Cong doesn`t blame Raman govt for Naxal attack
New Delhi: A day after Naxals killed 35
people in a brazen attack in Chhattisgarh, Congress said it
was not finding fault with Chief Minister Raman Singh, in
contrast to party General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s targeting
"The government and the party are on the same page. We
did not pick on the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh when the
attack took place (this time and also last month). We require
all stakeholders to be on the same page," party spokesman
Manish Tewari told reporters.
His remarks came close on the heels of Digvijay`s
remarks blaming Chhattisgarh government for its anti-Naxal
policy, alleging the incidents were a result of the "utter
failure" of the state government.
Singh wanted to know where the Chhattisgarh police was
and why the operation to detect landmines on an important road
was not carried out. He contended the strategy adopted by the
Raman Singh government was not realistic.
The AICC General Secretary said more than 800 villages
and 70,000 tribals have been displaced to places away from
their villages which have been abandoned. "The whole area has
been handed over to the naxalites," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow