UPA will come back to power like movie sequels, says Congress
Raipur: Reacting to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh`s statement calling the coming Lok Sabha election the "last show" of the Congress, Chhattisgarh Assembly opposition leader TS Singhdeo said that the UPA would continue at the Centre like sequels of popular movies.
He also accused CM Raman Singh of covering up his government`s shortcomings through his populist policies.
"There is uncertainty over the outcome (of this Lok Sabha election). Nothing can be predicted. There will be a new picture," Singhdeo told reporters at Raipur Press Club today.
Calling Raman Singh a "weak" chief minister, he criticised him for failing to act sternly against those who were responsible for poor work.
Speaking about his party`s state unit decision to form a shadow cabinet in Chhattisgarh, he said that the step would enable his party leaders to focus on certain departments and expose alleged corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees