UPA will come back to power like movie sequels, says Congress
Raipur: Reacting to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh`s statement calling the coming Lok Sabha election the "last show" of the Congress, Chhattisgarh Assembly opposition leader TS Singhdeo said that the UPA would continue at the Centre like sequels of popular movies.
He also accused CM Raman Singh of covering up his government`s shortcomings through his populist policies.
"There is uncertainty over the outcome (of this Lok Sabha election). Nothing can be predicted. There will be a new picture," Singhdeo told reporters at Raipur Press Club today.
Calling Raman Singh a "weak" chief minister, he criticised him for failing to act sternly against those who were responsible for poor work.
Speaking about his party`s state unit decision to form a shadow cabinet in Chhattisgarh, he said that the step would enable his party leaders to focus on certain departments and expose alleged corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'