Usendi house attack: Four policemen suspended
Raipur: Four policemen including a head constable were suspended on Saturday in connection with the Maoists` firing at Chhattisgarh Women and Child Welfare Minister Lata Usendi`s residence in Kondagaon district, police said.
Kondagaon`s new SP Prashant Agarwal said that when Maoists opened fire on May 17, out of the five deputed policemen, only one them, Ratanlal was present on duty at the minister`s house.
Head constable Vishwarajsingh Solanki alongwith three others --Amarnath Nag, Farsuram Markam and Vritnarayan Bhagat -- were suspended for negligence, he said.
Left alone during the attack, Ratanlal was killed after the assailants took away his weapon, Agarwal said.
Usendi was not in the house when three suspected Maoists, riding a motorcycle, fired at it on Thursday. Some relatives of the minister were present in the house at the time of the incident but they were unharmed.
Following the incident, the Chhattisgarh government immediately removed Kondagaon SP Deepak Jha and replaced him with Commandant Prashant Agarwal from the State Armed Forces (fifth battalion).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!