VC Shukla killed for revenge, say Maoists
Jagdalpur: Maoists here said Tuesday that they killed state Congress leader V.C. Shukla in revenge for the violence by state forces on innocent people.
A spokesperson of the Maoists said that the May 25 carnage was merely a reaction to the violence perpetrated by state forces on innocent people in the name of Salwa Judum and Operation Green Hunt since 2009.
The Maoists said that in 2003, the Congress government of Chhattisgarh in collusion with the BJP government at the centre, had deployed paramilitary forces in Bastar to suppress the people`s movement.
The spokesperson said that paramilitary troopers had shot dead two innocent youths at Jimartarai near Koilibeda, which was the "first fake encounter by paramilitary forces in the state".
"Since then, security forces and hoodlums of Salwa Judum committed innumerable crimes like burning villages, murdering and raping innocent tribal women. Had the exploited masses not retaliated, their identity itself could have been vanished," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre