VC Shukla killed for revenge, say Maoists
Jagdalpur: Maoists here said on Tuesday that they killed state Congress leader VC Shukla in revenge for the violence by state forces on innocent people.
A spokesperson of the Maoists said that the May 25 carnage was merely a reaction to the violence perpetrated by state forces on innocent people in the name of Salwa Judum and Operation Green Hunt since 2009.
The Maoists said that in 2003, the Congress government of Chhattisgarh in collusion with the BJP government at the centre, had deployed paramilitary forces in Bastar to suppress the people`s movement.
The spokesperson said that paramilitary troopers had shot dead two innocent youths at Jimartarai near Koilibeda, which was the "first fake encounter by paramilitary forces in the state".
"Since then, security forces and hoodlums of Salwa Judum committed innumerable crimes like burning villages, murdering and raping innocent tribal women. Had the exploited masses not retaliated, their identity itself could have been vanished," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?