VC Shukla killed for revenge, say Maoists
Jagdalpur: Maoists here said on Tuesday that they killed state Congress leader VC Shukla in revenge for the violence by state forces on innocent people.
A spokesperson of the Maoists said that the May 25 carnage was merely a reaction to the violence perpetrated by state forces on innocent people in the name of Salwa Judum and Operation Green Hunt since 2009.
The Maoists said that in 2003, the Congress government of Chhattisgarh in collusion with the BJP government at the centre, had deployed paramilitary forces in Bastar to suppress the people`s movement.
The spokesperson said that paramilitary troopers had shot dead two innocent youths at Jimartarai near Koilibeda, which was the "first fake encounter by paramilitary forces in the state".
"Since then, security forces and hoodlums of Salwa Judum committed innumerable crimes like burning villages, murdering and raping innocent tribal women. Had the exploited masses not retaliated, their identity itself could have been vanished," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest