Veteran BJP leader passes away in Raipur
Raipur: Veteran BJP leader and sitting MP
from Bastar district Baliram Kashyap died here Thursday after prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 76 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Kashyap took his last breath around 3:15 AM at Ramkrishna
Care Hospital after fighting over a month-long illness related
to lungs and kidneys, the sources said.
His last rites will be performed this evening at his
native village Farsa Bura in Bastar district, they said.
Kashyap, a four-time member of the Lok Sabha from Bastar
in Chhattisgarh, had also served as minister in the Madhya
His son, Kedar Kashyap is a cabinet minister in the
The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day after members
payed tributes to the departed leader.
Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh and other senior
leaders have also condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother