Veteran BJP leader passes away in Raipur
Raipur: Veteran BJP leader and sitting MP
from Bastar district Baliram Kashyap died here Thursday after prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 76 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Kashyap took his last breath around 3:15 AM at Ramkrishna
Care Hospital after fighting over a month-long illness related
to lungs and kidneys, the sources said.
His last rites will be performed this evening at his
native village Farsa Bura in Bastar district, they said.
Kashyap, a four-time member of the Lok Sabha from Bastar
in Chhattisgarh, had also served as minister in the Madhya
His son, Kedar Kashyap is a cabinet minister in the
The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day after members
payed tributes to the departed leader.
Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh and other senior
leaders have also condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief