Veteran BJP leader passes away
Raipur: Veteran BJP leader and sitting MP
from Bastar district Baliram Kashyap died on Thursday after
prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 76 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Kashyap took his last breath around 3:15 AM at Ramkrishna
Care Hospital after fighting over a month-long illness related
to lungs and kidneys, the sources said.
His last rites will be performed this evening at his
native village Farsa Bura in Bastar district, they said.
Kashyap, a four-time member of the Lok Sabha from Bastar
in Chhattisgarh, had also served as minister in the Madhya
His son, Kedar Kashyap is a cabinet minister in the
The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day after members
payed tributes to the departed leader.
Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh and other senior
leaders have also condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report