Veteran BJP leader passes away
Raipur: Veteran BJP leader and sitting MP
from Bastar district Baliram Kashyap died on Thursday after
prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 76 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Kashyap took his last breath around 3:15 AM at Ramkrishna
Care Hospital after fighting over a month-long illness related
to lungs and kidneys, the sources said.
His last rites will be performed this evening at his
native village Farsa Bura in Bastar district, they said.
Kashyap, a four-time member of the Lok Sabha from Bastar
in Chhattisgarh, had also served as minister in the Madhya
His son, Kedar Kashyap is a cabinet minister in the
The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day after members
payed tributes to the departed leader.
Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh and other senior
leaders have also condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!