Villagers protesting land acquisition arrested
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): Police used force to disperse agitated villagers opposing acquisition of their land for setting up a private power plant in Nariyara area in Jagir-Chapa district, officials said on Tuesday.
They said 83 protestors, including five women and two children, were arrested when they vandalised the under-construction 3600 MW power plant yesterday.
The arrested women and children, besides two ailing persons, were released on bail while the remaining were remanded in Bilaspur jail for seven days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH