Villagers protesting land acquisition arrested
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): Police used force to disperse agitated villagers opposing acquisition of their land for setting up a private power plant in Nariyara area in Jagir-Chapa district, officials said on Tuesday.
They said 83 protestors, including five women and two children, were arrested when they vandalised the under-construction 3600 MW power plant yesterday.
The arrested women and children, besides two ailing persons, were released on bail while the remaining were remanded in Bilaspur jail for seven days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...