Villagers protesting land acquisition arrested
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): Police used force to disperse agitated villagers opposing acquisition of their land for setting up a private power plant in Nariyara area in Jagir-Chapa district, officials said on Tuesday.
They said 83 protestors, including five women and two children, were arrested when they vandalised the under-construction 3600 MW power plant yesterday.
The arrested women and children, besides two ailing persons, were released on bail while the remaining were remanded in Bilaspur jail for seven days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach